Hearing Aid Repair
In recent decades hearing aids have come a long way in terms of performance. But they still require some maintenance and care, just like any electronic device.
Here are some signs your hearing aids need repair:
- Your hearing aid has stopped working.
- You can hear whistling.
- The battery door has come loose.
- Your hearing aid sounds "muffled" or "dull."
- Your hearing aids are too loud or not loud enough.
- You hear buzzing noises.
At Hearing Solution Center, we offer on-site hearing aid cleaning, maintenance, and repairs for all hearing devices, regardless of where they were purchased. A working hearing aid might mean the difference between participating in social activities and having to miss out. We strive to make the process of repairing hearing aids as painless and straightforward as possible.
Simple repairs can be done right here at our office, and we will send it to the manufacturer for a repair if the damage is more extensive.
How much does it cost to repair a hearing aid?
The following factors influence the cost of your hearing aid repair:
- The device's current warranty.
- The extent of the damage.
- The cost of any needed replacement parts.
If you bought your hearing aid from us and it's still under warranty, the repair cost will be low, if not free. Hearing aids that aren't covered are likely to incur a cost.
Tips for maintaining your hearing aid
It's worth remembering that moisture and earwax buildup in hearing aids cause over 75% of all damages, and the vast majority of these repairs are entirely avoidable. That is why it is so essential to take steps to look after your hearing aids. Here are a few you should take:
- Wipe your hearing aid with a gentle cloth that won't leave any residue.
- Replace the wax guard regularly.
- Clean the microphone and battery door with care.
- Remove the earmolds from the rest of the device and wash them with soap and water regularly.
- Keep your hearing aids dry by storing them in a dry box kit each night.
Preventative maintenance like this is the key to keeping your device fully functional for as long as possible.
Troubleshooting your hearing aids
If your hearing aid isn't working right now, try the following before bringing it to us for repair:
- Examine the receiver and other areas for wax residue.
- Verify that all components are securely attached and that the microphone is not obscured by anything.
- Look for cracks or other signs of external deterioration.
- Make that the volume is turned up and on and that the battery is correctly inserted.
Bring your hearing aids to us if you've tried everything else and still have a problem with them. One of our professionals will be happy to fix them for you.
Send us a message or Call Hearing Solution Center at (704) 912-4422 for hearing aid repairs in Charlotte, NC.
Why Choose Hearing Solution Center?
Home of Top-Rated Audiologist, Dr. Goutham Gosu
Dr. Gosu takes immense satisfaction in finding solutions for each patients unique listening needs.
Independently Owned Private Practice
We offer devices from all of the best hearing aid brands, without being contractually required to only recommend one brand.
Best Practice Protocols for Every Patient
We are excited to bring this level of patient care to all of his patients at Hearing Solution Center in Charlotte, NC.
Results & Care Explained Clearly
Educating our patients is central to what we do. We help our patients understand their care options, always available to answer any questions with patience.
Average 4.9 Rating with 100+ reviews
Our reviews reflect our commitment to providing excellent service to all who walk through our door.
What our patients are saying
I was so excited to get my hearing aids! I was surprised when I found out they were Bluetooth enabled, it was awesome. I was treated great by the staff and really enjoyed being there! I can now hear my grandchildren when they talk to me. I will always be thankful for that!
This was my first visit to HSC. I appreciate the fact that HSC carries four top brands and repairs them as well. Service is prompt and friendly; professional but not distant. I appreciate the fact that time was taken to answer my questions. I'll be back for my next set of aids.
I have been extremely happy with HSC. They have taken great care of me, helping me get the right hearing aids, working with my insurance, ensuring that the hearing aids work properly and closely monitoring my hearing. Dr. Gosu is a pleasure to work with.