Fast and Affordable Hearing Aid Repairs in Charlotte, NC
For people of all ages, hearing aids bridge a major gap in communication. Relying on a faulty or temperamental device can be frustrating. So if you're experiencing issues with your hearing aid, help is available. Hearing aids have small working parts, and it is not uncommon for a hearing aid to need repairs from time to time. These things happen even when the hearing aid is cared for. When you notice any difference in how your device functions, it is important to address the issue. At Hearing Solution Center in Charlotte, we diagnose and repair hearing aids.
Common Problems Affecting Hearing Aids
If your hearing aids are making your daily life complicated, most issues are repairable. Identifying the problem is the first step to returning your device to working condition.
The most common hearing aid problems include:
- minimal or zero sound
- the volume is too low
- distorted sound
- feedback, white noise or whistling in the background
At Hearing Solution Center, we can help with minor repairs in a short time frame. If the problem is more complicated, we will send your hearing aid to the manufacturer for repairs on your behalf. Going without your hearing aid can affect your life so make sure you consult the experts for the best possible solution. Once we diagnose your issue, we can repair most hearing aids on-site.
Basic Hearing Aid Troubleshooting
If you're experiencing trouble with your hearing aid, there are many things that you can check before visiting us. If your hearing aid is not working take the following steps:
- Check that the hearing aid is on turn up the volume.
- Check the battery: Hearing aids are powered when the battery door is closed. If the door doesn't close properly, the battery might be in wrong so try flipping it around. Check the battery itself, as well where the battery sits in the hearing aid, to ensure that it hasn't become corroded. If so, replace the battery and clean away any corrosion.
- You'll want to visually inspect the hearing aid then, make sure that there isn't any wax blocking the microphone opening or sound outlet.
- Try a different program or memory: You may have accidentally switched to the telecoil setting.
You may also enjoy an ear cleaning if you think your ear canals might be blocked with wax. Get in touch with us today for hearing aid troubleshooting and repairs.
Servicing Most Hearing Aid Manufacturers
Even if your hearing aids weren't fitted in our office, we are more than happy to inspect and repair your device. We have the knowledge and experience to service most manufacturers. And if we are familiar with your brand, our experts can address the problem.
Hearing aids come with a warranty when purchased new. If your warranty has expired, it is still possible to repair most hearing aids for a small fee. Depending on the hearing aid manufacturer, this repair may come with a new warranty. Your hearing professional will provide you with any relevant details when you book in for an appointment.
For fast and affordable hearing aid repairs in Charlotte, NC, contact Hearing Solution Center on (704) 912-4422 today!